Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ain't No Party Like A BookWorm Party!


{These Photos Taken At Frisland}

The Geeks n' Nerds Event has come around again. This is my second year participating in it...and my second year not feeling like a geek or a nerd according to their items lol. Don't get me wrong, I say nothing bad about them because I love designers. They put a lot of work into what they do...I'm just saying I guess my definition of a geek or a nerd is kind of off. 
I got called a 'nerd' a lot because I usually carried around random books (I still do). Books to read randomly, poetry, old favs, classic American literature, classic horror of course, biographies,...and then there's that side of me that is allll about Middle Earth. When people see me carrying around my Lord of the Ring books or The Hobbit, I get "the look". That's a look I don't mind though. Yes I do in fact indulge in a book or two. Yes I have in fact shut out the world and read a book in a day and yes I have cried over a book, got mad over an ending and rage quit reading several books when they got stupid. *coughFIFTYSHADEScough*
I also get the look when I mention that I am a gamer. For some reason, all these years later...girls are still looked at oddly when we mention gaming or our love for it. I don't get it. I've been a gamer since I fell in love with Atari when I was a lil girl. It was console first and now PC is my luff n stuff and I could never go back to console (shh console lovers, just take it). My love for PC gaming has out lasted several relationships so you can't pin it on that horrible misconception people have 'Oh she games for her boyfriend", no no no...they can't keep up with me! 
I made sure to represent not only my love for reading but my PC love too! Though not in typical Gia fashion, I was willing to take on the challenge of rocking these shoes out because Lindsey Warwick is that damn badass. Her high quality textures never cease to amaze so, no...the shoe is not something I would typically wear but you cannot deny talent and she has it. Although the nerd in me does love the lil control command on the shoe lol.  And as you can see, when you want to, you can rock anything out!
If you haven't been to the Geeks N Nerds Event, make sure to pop over and see what you can bond with <3

Body
Skin: [theSkinnery] Meysha - November Moon (champagne) @ The Secret Affair
Hair: .Shi Hair : Bed Bob [Unrigged] {Set 1 . Unisex}
Eyes: [ MUDSKIN ]_Butterfly Eyes_Grey2
Mani: DP - Koffin Nails - Slink Nails HUD - Unzipped Punk

Outfit
Top: ::drbc:: emilie sweater - tartan
Jeans: Maitreya * Dark * Slim BF Jeans & Belt
Shoes: {Livalle} Slammers -Slip on Shoes- C:\_ @ Geeks n' Nerds
Bag: REIGN.- Totes Cute Tote- Books
Ring: (Yummy) Jack's Typewriter Ring
Glasses: .random.Matter. - Simon Glasses - Onyx @ Geeks n' Nerds
Scarf: Tee*fy Unisex Scarf Black N Chocolate

Poses
(marukin) motelier set

Oh man...tissues for Gia, as I will sob like a babe for this last part of The Hobbit series, The Battle of the Five Armies. Billy, why you gotta touch my feeeeels?!


No comments:

Post a Comment